Center for Love and Sex (CLS) is a premier boutique private psychotherapy practice specializing in sex therapy and couples counseling. Candidate will have their license to practice psychotherapy independently in NY state in the fields of any of the following disciplines:
- Social work
- Marriage and family therapy
- Mental health
We are looking for an independently licensed NY State therapist with strong clinical skills, expertise with couples, trauma recovery and some training in sex therapy. The sex therapy experience could be from didactic courses taken, supervision of past cases or from a full post graduate program. The therapist would NOT have a limited permit license, but rather a license to practice without required supervision. Licenses include: LCSW, LMFT, Ph.D. or Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC).
The ideal candidate is eager to further hone his or her skills in sex therapy and able to make a two-year commitment to CLS. They will have a strong work ethic, illustrate a passion for the field. This is a fee for service position and the fee is based on experience.
Minimum requirements to apply are as follows:
- License to practice without supervision (LCSW, LMFT, LMHC, Ph.D., Psy.D.
- AASECT certification (or in the process of getting certified). If not, the therapist will be interested in attaining supervision hours towards this goal (offered for free at CLS)
- The therapist is NOT in network with ANY insurance, INCLUDING being opted OUT of Medicare
- Able to work 12 hours/week, including 2 evenings and weekend hours
- Between 3-5 years post-graduate school clinical experience
- Experience using mindfulness, CBT, family systems techniques, EFT, and perhaps some other skills like EMDR, ACT and DBT.
Preferred qualifications include:
- Experience in trauma treatment, leading men’s/women’s groups, treating out of control sexual behavior, or providing dating and premarital counseling
- Other post-grad certificates and/or training, such as EMDR, Gottman, EFT, DBT or CBT
- Clinical experience with clients with past trauma, clients identified as LGBTQ+, from diverse/religious populations, in non-monogamous couples or kink lifestyles a plus
- clinical experience working with couples
We work from an intersectional lens and seek candidates who are experienced in working with multicultural couples. Many of our clients come from Black and Brown communities, have experienced racial trauma, and need a therapist who can help them navigate how these histories impact their current relationship today, especially if their partner is white.
To apply, please submit a cover letter with your application. The cover letter should describe your interest in this position, what brought you into the field of therapy, and your desire to work in the specialty of sex therapy.