Learning to Listen to Men’s Emotional/Sexual Narrative in Individual and Couple Therapy (Recorded Webinar)
Purchase the complete 3 hour 42 minute webinar below. Once payment is confirmed you will be able to access the video to view/download in the downloads section of your account.
This webinar course covers the common myths surrounding male sexuality overlapping in the heterosexual, gay and various ethnic/religious communities and how these myths affect men’s identity in their primary romantic relationships.
- Participants will be able to list 3 reasons men take the lead when they are suffering from a sexual dysfunction.
- Participants will be able to evaluate more critically the myths men may carry around their masculinity when it comes to their long-term sexual relationships.
- Participants will be able to identify 3 common presenting problems that men bring into sex therapy.
- They will be also able to describe 5 treatment scenarios in which partnered men initiate and continue therapy that affect the therapeutic treatment.
- Participant will be able to name 4 techniques they can utilize when treating men for sexual-oriented issues in therapy.
To achieve Satisfactory Completion of the course, participants must have:
- Paid tuition fee
- Attended/viewed the entire seminar
- Completed an evaluation with material quiz (50% accuracy AASECT, 70% accuracy NYS) in order to receive continuing education credits.
- Partial credit for multi-part seminar is not available.
New York State Social Workers
Central Park Individual Psychotherapy and Couples Counseling LCSW, PC is an approved provider (#SW-0254) of continuing education to LMSWs and LCSWs in New York State. Social workers should contact their regulatory board to determine course approval. This program is approved for 3.5 Contact Hours*.
*The Education Law and Commissioner’s Regulations allow a LMSW or LCSW to complete no more than one-third of the required hours as self-study (recorded webinar) in each registration period. Live webinar courses are exempt from this rule.
Sex Educators, Counselors and Therapists
This program meets the requirements of the American Association of Sexuality Educators, Counselors and Therapists (AASECT) and is approved for 3.5 CE Credits. These CE Credits may be applied toward AASECT certification and renewal of certification**.
**Completion of this program does not ensure or guarantee AASECT certification.
For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please Note: Licensing Boards change regulations often and while we attempt to stay abreast of their most recent changes, if you have questions or concerns about this course meeting your specific board’s approval, we recommend you contact your board directly to obtain a ruling.
Privacy & Copyright
By agreeing to participate in this webinar and connecting to the class/recording, you agree that you are the identified listener, you agree to the refund policy as stated on Sari Cooper’s website, that you will not resell or profit by this information in print or recorded form, that you will not duplicate the information presented within the course, and hold presenters harmless from all damages or harm of any kind.
Completed Evaluations and Quizzes
Please email your completed evaluations and quizzes to Sari's webinar assistant. Once the evaluation is marked and passed, Central Park Individual Psychotherapy and Couples Counseling LCSW, PC will issue and forward via email the certificate you indicated on your purchase order.